JLT brings an insurance solution offering higher limits and lower prices than ever before available for all fitness professionals.
Who is eligible for this insurance programme?
This programme is available to fitness professionals such as personal trainers, fitness instructors, yoga instructors, pilates instructors, boot camp trainers, cross-fit instructors, and all registrants of qualifying fitness associations including Physical Activity Australia, FIA Fitnation, Fitness Australia and Australian Fitness Network.
To be eligible as registered Fitness Professional, you must
- Have completed a fitness qualification (minimum Certificate 3 in Fitness)
- Hold a current Senior First Aid and CPR certification
- Hold a ‘License to Practice’ as a professional from at least one of the following entities: Physical Activity Australia, FIA Fitnation, Fitness Australia and Australian Fitness Network
- Be committed to ongoing professional development
- Be eligible for professional insurance cover
- Ensure that all of my clients who participate on online courses are provided with a disclaimer stating that the client is responsible for their own duty of care whilst undertaking the online program.
Who are JLT?
JLT is an international group of Insurance Brokers, Risk Consultants and Employee Benefits Specialists and one of the largest companies of its type in the world.
JLT Sport is an international sports specialist insurance broker in Australia.
As one of Australia’s leading providers of insurance solutions, JLT can also cover your home, car and even your travel insurance!
Why should I take this cover?
This cover provides General Liability protection for up to $10 million or $20 million and Professional Indemnity up to $5 million or $10 million.
We’ll save you money! With NO EXCESS applicable to this policy, we’re unique in our offering.
What’s in it for me?
A flexible approach to insurance, with options to increase cover as and when required.
Cost effective insurance cover.
You have the ability to purchase and renew your cover online, 24/7.
What’s Covered / What’s not covered
- General Liability: Up to $20 million (any one occurrence).
- This means that the insurance cover will pay up to $20 million in damages for which you are liable.
- Professional Indemnity: Up to $10 million (any one occurrence and in the aggregate of any one period of insurance).
- This insurance cover is in place for all activities you engage in as a fitness professional for which you are qualified and accredited to perform by your association.
Activities that are not covered by this policy, even if you are qualified to instruct these activities are:
Dietetics, Allied Health Services including but not limited to Physiotherapy, Self Defence, martial Arts, Contact Boxing, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Acrobatics, Acrogym, Participation in sporting events or matches, Life Guarding or Swimming Teaching / Coaching, Ocean Swimming, and Professional Sports Coaching.
In addition the policy does not cover Retail Sales, Buildings, Contents or other Assets. JLT Sport can provide further information regarding Insurance for activities not covered within JLT Fitness Professionals Policy. If you are interested in any additional cover, please contact JLT Sport on 1300 130 373.
|1 Year Package|
Public Liability $10 Million
Professional Indemnity $5 Million
|$100 including all charges|
Public Liability $20 Million
Professional Indemnity $10 Million
|$130 including all charges|
To purchase or renew your cover
- Ensure you have the following information available:
- Your Association Registration Number;
- Your nominated email address for your documentation to be sent to;
- A Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard);
- Apply Online – All documentation including Tax Invoice, Certificate of Currency & Policy Wording will be emailed to your nominated address upon completion of your application.
Want to know more?
Phone: 1300 130 373
Mail: PO Box H25, Australia Square NSW 1215